Best 7.1 pre amp used or demo for 2000.00???

It is time to upgrade. My Adcom GTP 760 is moving on to another room. Now I need a quality pre amp for my main system.( Adcom 300 by 7 and B&W speakers) HT and music are both important. I like the "GEE WHIZ" factor of the Rotel 1098 video display. I realize I would have to look hard to find the Rotel for 2000.00 or so. Is there another pre amp I should be considering? Thanks for your help.
baffled
I've been looking at the Rotel 1068 to go with my Rotel 1095 but have been already attacked(a pre-purchase attack!)by upgrade-itis and am examining a nice deal on a Meridian 561. Or a 568, which is a little more dough. Any thoughts on the Meridien? it's in the Lexicon mc 1 range....Ain't upgrading wonderful? My wife calls my purchases "that black thing.."
If you have a plasma TV and like to listen to DVD-A, that little display screen on the Rotel can come in useful. Other than that, it is Geek's Gold for sure. Parasound Halo C1, Fosgate FAP T1, and ATP8500 by ATI have 5" screens. The new Fosgate FAP T1 Plus & Rotel have 7" wide screen. I think that Parasound is coming out the new Halo w/ the 7" screen. Good luck with your choice.
I dunno, I like the 1068 pretty good, might be a bit of diminished returns with other more priced gear. I dont think my dads Lexicon is leaps and bounds better so YMMV
Anyone has any thoughts of Proceed PAV/PDSD (retail $11,000) or Lexicon MC-1 (retail $6000)? Used price goes for < $1500 now.

ldk
Well,I had no interest in the little 1098 screen either. I have to squint enough to read the back panel on those things. I had figured on the 1068 or the Outlaw 990, but the meridian is top notch,with very good upgrade software. Haven't looked at the Proceed yet. The used prices are dropping past the Audiogon average level toward the low end or below on all the fine older units. Probably safe to go with the most recently upgraded Outlaw or the 1068. But what fun is it to be practical?