Bedini 801 or Audire Forte amps

I have my eye on these vintage pieces and wanted some feedback from others who have either owned or listened to them. I believe the pwr ratings are similiar. My musical tastes are acoustic jazz some r&b and a little classical music. I'm using a gainclone amp from the clone master Tim Rawson at the moment with Mission 750 spkrs and a Aragon 24ksp pre upfront. A Philips 963SA sacd player does the digital duties. Thanks in advance and have a very Merry Christmas.
south43

Showing 1 response by audionut51

I have owned and still own both Bedini and Audire. All the Bedini 800 series amps sound better then the Audire Forte on most speakers. The Bedini 25/25 or 801 will do better on reactive loads like Acoustat 2 plus 2s. The Forte would be a better match for Dalquist DQ10s or large Legacy speakers. I have an Audire Tenendo which is about as good as it gets period. Same for the BA803/802(same boards). Other great amps are Perreaux PMF5150/5550/5570 and smaller Perreaux 3400. All great match with Audible Illusions preamps. You are on the right path. The Audire Otez and Parlando should be excellent as well, however, I have never owned them. Stick with bipolar outputs with Audire.