Basis Turntables: Worth it or Ripoff?

Are the Basis turntables and arms (ie, Vector 4) worth their asking price? They seems very expensive for you apparently are getting?
madavid0
Basis is very good.
But to know how good it is you have to know why the other ones are so bad.
When you know nothing, it is like rolling a dice.
I have had Basis Gold Debut for 20+ years, never had any troubles, replaced motor once as upgrade about 10 years ago. Very stable and great sound! Are they worth the money? Definite yes.
I love my Basis 2001 with the original (1st) Vector arm. Sounds good to me, but then again, I have not heard any turntables in my system. Compared to my digital rig (Lampizator Big 7 and Aurender N10) it always sounds better when playing the same songs/recordings. 
When I got my Basis Debut Signature, I was thinking it had a kind of additional premium price tag. Not for everybody to buy. But when I am comparing design and precision with other brands I find it difficult to find any better alternative. 
If anyone know a better alternative and WHY it is better I defenitely want to know. Always looking for improvements..
One more thing about Basis - amazing customer service.  I sent them my motor, bearing and platter to check out and they did it in one day.  Adjusted the motor, oiled the bearing, checked tolerances and speed stability.   All for a $120 service charge. Great company.