Automatic Turntables

Is there ANY 'table on the market with at least auto Return,.. let alone Fully Auto function which sounds "good"? I don't mean GOOD,.. but????

I was "Fully' part of the "High End" gang; was part owner of a, now defunct, company,. used all of the great stuff in the 80s and 90s. Since then, well, my system 'ain't "bad": Cambridge 550A; unmodified ony DVP-9000es and Monitor Audio RS-6s.

My Current table, purchased here, as a "Refurbished" Thorens 166 mk II, which ( you Know who He is!) and sold to me a with a Garbage cartridge: Autofon "Omega"! ( He kept That fact to himself!)

So, any advice will be greatly appreciated..
operanutlgb2

Showing 1 response by wilson667

Music Direct has a Denon DP-300F here is the description clipped from their website
The Denon DP-300F is a belt driven table with great speed accuracy, a sophisticated tonearm, a DC motor and a balanced aluminum platter. The DP-300F couldn’t be easier to use. Start and stop at the touch of a button. The arm lifts up after playing a record. Switch between 33 and 45 without having to move the belt. Dustcover is included. The DP-300F even has a pre-mounted moving magnet cartridge and a built-in MM phono preamplifier. Just connect the DP-300F to any input on any audio system and you’re ready to spin wax!

and a link
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-4968-denon-dp-300f-fully-automatic-turntable.aspx
I don't think it gets much easier to use.It looks pretty nice although I have not herd it