Audioquest Carbon HDMI cable

Hi all,

I'm thinking about purchasing the AQ Carbon hdmi cable(3m). It will be hooked up with the signal going out from my pre/pros hdmi monitor output to my 52 LCD monitor hdmi input. What would be the advantage of hooking it up this way? Higher quality video? Would I be better off to purchase a lower quality cable from AQ for this purpose?

Would I be better off to buy a Carbon and install it between my Oppo blu ray player and pre/pro to take advantage of the sound as well and just leave the hdmi cable going to my LCD monitor hooked up? I want to stick with AQ as I like their products. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
2007audioman
Post removed 
I have the Audioquest Carbon HDMI Cable between an LG Blu Ray and LG HDTV. SUPERB picture quality, like film really. Of course a big advantage of the Carbon is it’s controlled for directionality as are the other Audioquest top of the line cables. I threw caution to the wind and treated all of the Carbon connector pins with the new Graphene based contact enhancer using the teeny tiny brush supplied. Whoa, Nellie!
Just changing the source and not the input cable or vice versa may not yield as big of an effect as you'd want compared to having both the input and output cables changed since you aren't going directly from video source to your tv. 
You can probably find an older Audioquest HDMI-3 used, it's likely using the same wire gauge (AQ hdmi cables aren't thick, probably 26-28 gauge) and the silver content is 6.1% to the Carbon's 5%. The only real difference I see is that the Carbon has actual carbon used to help the shielding and the hdmi-3 uses rf stoppers at each end for its' shielding help.There's actually an HDMI-3 on eBay now at $20 with no bids (though it ends in 4 hours you can ask if it will be re-listed if you don't read this in time, you can search under completed listings on eBay for ones you may have missed).In my tests the best hdmi cable that won't break the bank is the Ultralink Platinum Pro MKII, I mean it's not cheap (usually see them for around $99, luckily found mine for about a quarter of that), but it's comparable to pure silver hdmi cables that cost hundreds of dollars (similar sound and video signatures to silver). The Analysis Plus hdmi cable is also very good at $50 for 1 meter, the video is quite good (no silver in the wiring though so it's video is not quite as bright as some other premium hdmi cables that use more silver or super pure copper+some silver), but the sound quality is the real change.
In the interest of fair reporting and fair play, the 5% Silver content for Audioquest Carbon HDMI cables is for connectors only. The conductors are silver coated copper, the idea, according to Audioquest, being that most of the signal travels near the surface, so the conductors behave much like solid silver conductors. Another important distinction between Carbon HDMI cables (and other Audioquest high end HDMI cables) and other brands of high end HDMI cables is that they are controlled for directionality.