Audio Technica AT-120E experience

Hello,
I recently found an Audio Technica AT-120E at a good price, so I bought it for my new JMW-9 signature (second) armwand. I have to say that I'm quite impressed by this cartridge. For only about 65 bucks, it's impressed the heck of me. For comparison, I have a Dynavector DV-20XH on the other armwand. I haven't done any direct comparisions, but I would say that I like them both a lot, and they have very different characters. The AT is brighter, but the dynamics are almost indistinguishable, with the Dynavector having a slight edge in that category. Again, very impressed.
I wonder if my phono amp (EAR 834P MM only version) likes the AT better, because of the higher output?
I would like to hear from anyone else who has heard this cartridge, along with recommendations for other cartridges that take the general sound of the AT-120E and take it to the next level.
Cheers!

Tom
tfkaudio

Showing 1 response by analogphil

I'm using the 120e on a Technics SL 1200 M3D w/KAB Fluid Damper & Mat and am very happy with the setup. It absolutly beats to hell a Grado Black ($40). I find it very neutral.