Anyone know how to set up Rythmik subwoofers on an ARCAM AVE550 receiver?

I am thinking about buying 2 Rythmik F12 Signature subwoofers.  I have an ARCAM AVR550 receiver and I need to find out how to set up these subwoofers without using DIRAC.  Rythmik has a 30 day return policy and I want to find out if I like them before I pay $600 to have someone calibrate my system using DIRAC.
128x128larry5729
LFE out? did you mean preamp out? LFE out is exclusively for home theater if I am not mistaken (low frequency effects). If you don't use the high level inputs via the speaker cable, then I would either use the extra set of preamp outs on the preamp/receiver, or if only one set, just buy a splitter and run an extra interconnect over to the Rythmiks left or right channel RCA input.

Then on the rythmik you can best set what frequency sounds best to blend with your mains (don't have to touch the mains)
I talked to an ARCAM dealer and he said there is a setting on the ARCAM.  If I select stereo direct, it will not play the subs.  If I just select stereo it will.

Jim Salk and Brian Ding told me the way to hook things up is by using the LFE connections and let the ARCAM manage everything.  One person told me my ARCAM does not have a bass management system.  If so, I bought a piece of junk.  Maybe, I can control some of this by using some adjustments on the Rythmik subs.  I most likely will set the gain at halfway.

Maybe Rythmik would be wise to sell their subs through dealers so customers can at least hear them before you purchase them and the dealer could set everything up.  Problem is there are few ARCAM dealers.  

Right now I think I better go back to school and get a degree in electrical engineering like so many people who belong to Audiogon do.
Sorry bdpd,  I didn't mean to upset you.

I talked to a really good speaker manufacturer and he told me to set things up with an SPL meter.  This is pretty complicated for someone who does not have a degree in electrical engineering or for someone who is not a dealer.

I really think the Rythmik direct servo technology is the way to go.  Just wish they had a speak on connection and design as what REL has.  I do thing the Rythmik F12 Signature will play down a lot lower than REL.  If I can find someone who could set things up it would be a lot easier.

The problem is ARCAM has horrible customer support.  They do not provide phone support and I think this is a horrible way to support their customers.  They also do not respond to emails.  I wish I had purchase the Anthem 5 channel amp and their HT processor.  Life would have been much easier.  The Paradigm district sales manager is fantastic and he has been so helpful.

I'm trying to help you Larry, but you're not making it easy ;-) .If Rythmik didn’t sell direct-to-consumer, the price of their subs would be at least twice what they are now. It is not the only hi-fi company doing that, ya know. So does HSU, and most of SVS’ sales are direct.

Larry, you say you heard the REL and wasn’t that impressed, right? So buy a Rythmik already! You’ll never know what it sounds like until you listen to one. If you like it, keep it. If you don’t, send it back. Damn, you’re making this WAAAY too hard. It’s only a sub, not a fatal disease ;-) .

A week or two back all you could talk about was Brian Ding’s PHD, how brilliant he is, and how Jim Salk told you a Rythmik was the way to go. What happened to that Larry? It sounded like you were ready to put in an order for a Rythmik or two. Has something changed your mind? If you heard a REL and wasn’t impressed, why are you still considering one?

Since RELs are so highly regarded amongst audiophiles, try and find a used one you can get into your system. If you don’t like it, it should be easy to resell with no loss of $. I don’t know what it is you’re looking for, but lots of pretty-picky audiophiles are very happy with their RELs. And so are Rythmik owners. The ultimate solution is to get one of each in your listening room, and compare them for yourself. No one can tell you which one you will prefer---you have to do that for yourself, just like everyone else. Grow a pair, fer cryin’ out loud!

Post removed