Anyone Having Problem With Cardas Clear Beyond XL Power Cables Falling Out Of Equipment

I love my new Cardas Clear  Beyond XL power cables , however I am having a problem  with them either coming loose on wall  receptical or loosing contact on my Shunyata Hydra Triton 1. They are just too heavy. Any suggestions are appreciated.   

128x128samgar2

Showing 2 responses by audiodragon777

Ouch. All that $$$ and the cord won't stay in the receptacle. Judging from the size of those new connectors, geez.....no wonder. Frustrating. How far above the ground is your wall outlet? If possible, use hard foam cubes to elevate the cable off the ground, to make it more level with the wall outlet. Or those fancy Cardas wood cubes (!). I did that for my Clear Beyond C19 feeding Triton. Worked beautifully. Hubbell outlet too.

I have a Clear Beyond C15 on my power amp, and love it; plugged into Triton. No upgrading for me. If it ain't broken (i.e. if it sounds superb), don't mess with it.

Good luck.
At this price point (and supposedly thoughtful level of design), you shouldn't have to use ANY type of "tweak" like tack, tape, lifters, to keep the d--- cable in its place. Over-engineered indeed. I will take the black Cardas plugs on Clear Beyond and the rest of the line, anyday. Shame.