Aerial 9 need a sub?

Buying a speaker without hearing it is a gamble. If I purchased a pair of Aerial 9 speakers would I need a sub to get nice soft bass? I don't listen to loud music but I still want the full range sound.
dpm2340
Most likely not unless, 1) its used for home theater, 2) you have a very large listening room or, 3) you listen to rock and you really love floor shaking bass. It also depends greatly on what amplifier it’s paired with. You’ll need a high power/current solid state amplifier to make use of their potential.
If it can actually reach 30Hz in-room at loud volumes, a sub isn’t needed if your content doesn’t have deep bass (movies, hip-hop, etc.), like most rock music has nothing below 40Hz. I always run subs in my setups as the content I consume benefits greatly from doing so.
jazz and vocals are what I like. I do play the occasional rock but not very often. I use a BAT VK500 amp.
A properly implemented sub will free up the amp from working to get those power hungry bass tones....and therefore the mids will become more accurate with greater ease.