20 Year Old Amplifiers compared to 2017

Just a random thought, but I’m curious just how well the state of the art solid-state amplifiers from 20 years ago compare to some of today’s better offerings. For example, what does a pair of Mark Levinson 33Hs or a Krell FPB 600 sound like if compared to the latest offerings from Pass Labs or Ayre Acoustics?
imgoodwithtools
Jafant, I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner, I've been so busy listening to the MF-2500A that I didn't notice till now that you asked a question about it. I love it!! It sounds spectacular from a cold start but here's the clincher, the sound continues to improve even over a 48 hour period of time. It is one t=of those power amps that if you are skeptical about power amps making a huge difference in ones system this one without doubt will change your mind.

The MF 2300A is no slouch either and both amps I strongly recommend as I started with the MF 2300A and moved up to the MF 2500A. The only other amp I would consider would be a Pass Labs and although these two products will sound uniquely different they are both good in their own right and would come down to personal preferences.
Post removed 
tantra4 wrote (last year):

I am still using a pair of CJ Premier 12 monoblock tube amps from about 20 years ago. They still sound glorious, warm and very engaging. I've thought about having CJ upgrade the caps. Any thoughts about this?  

As a CJ Premier 12 owner, I could have written that exact post.

Kosst, could not agree more. Too many people forget that they listen to an audio system, not a pair of speakers or amplifiers. The system is what needs optimization, as  you have done.