Does a Postal Money order need to "clear"?

I sent a Money order to my seller and he says he will ship when it clears. Is this necessary?
shoe
If a member, with high positive feedback, sends me a certified check I will ship the next day.I have shipped before payment at times to those who have earned it and are long time members.
WOW!!!

I am surprised to hear of al the recent rip offs and fraud experienced by members here!!!

I have been using A'gon for over eight years and never had a problem, seems things are going the shady way here too, that's too bad. It used to be a totally honest site for fanatical audio freaks that were trustworthy, seems that's changing and that makes me sad.
Bigtee,

Seeing this post is about counterfeit MO, certified checks , was your rip off a counterfeit or stop payment issue?
if you send someone a regular old personal check and it bounces, they have to pay a TWO buck penalty to the bank.
wow, that's really a tough situation alright!
my payment and my word of honor is enough. i am a certified
fanatical kook with TWO systems, no make that FOUR systems of varying size and complexity- in my house. who in their right mind would even want or need all of this specialty gear?
answer- me, and the other people who buy, sell, and trade here that are just like me. i don't sweat
getting what i paid for- ever. sometimes i can't even unpack it for a couple of months! but i know the person(s) that sold it to me often-times barely used it prior to the sale, and STILL list it as 8/10 just to be conservative.
however, there seem to be a number of very nervous folks that have drifted in from flea-bay and have lost their faith in mankind altogther. nothing (to them) is as it seems.
i try to reassure them, sooth them, calm them down, but it's no use sometimes. but i always, ALWAYS leave a phone number so they can call me up and we can talk the deal over.