Industrial Strength Disc Polishing

I have tried a couple of Disc Doctor type devices and they all seem overpriced and mediocre in their performance. In fact, one or two discs where I gave the full treatment and polish never worked again - which was even worse than they were when I tried to polish out a few scratches.

By comparison, my local Game Stop store will take just about any disc you give them on trade, and they only deduct a buck or two to polish out the scratches.

Similarly, the local public library also has a machine which apparently keeps all of their CDs and DVDs playing.

In addition, you can bring in your own discs for treatment, but here too they charge a buck or two which I am sure will pay for at least one librarian over the course of a year if anyone uses it.

Therefore, could anyone please post advice, links, or their experience using a high quality disc polishing machine?

If these are not too expensive, it seems it would be a reasonably investment for anyone who had a big collection of music and movies.
cwlondon
Post removed 
Elizabeth

Thanks but I am not familiar with this type of thing.

More than happy to try and "get good at this" myself if anyone can find reasonably priced supplies to get set up.
Look for an electric grinding wheel and then get buffing pads. It likely will not require any "rouge", just a lubricant like H2O to keep from "burning" the surface. Maybe a bit of a solvent in it to "dissolve" any sticky stuff.
I agree with Elizabeth and Swampwalker, and I've seen this exact same setup at a CD trading store, when the clerk demonstrated the machine in the back. Exactly as described above.