Wife/girlfriend or audio: if you had to chose?

Say your wife or girlfriend (no kid involved) asked you to drop your passion for audio, sell your system and settle for a Bose Wave box - because she thinks that your hobby is a barely grown-up kid toy story that needs to stop (either invasive or expensive or just ridiculous to her friends and family).
What do you do? keep wife/girlfriend or your gear?
Just respond: Audio or Wife and in brackets years of relationship...

Audio (21)!
beheme
This might not be the right place for this post but: I can't believe all the people that think stuff is more important than relationships. Just because a system doesn't usually make your life difficult, doesn't mean the system can actually give you anything. It also cannot provide the joy of a real, loving relationship.

I used to think it was too bad that TV has become so dominant in our culture. People used to sit on the porch and talk to their neighbors, now people don't even know their neighbors! They spend their time in front of the boob tube or the rectifier tube and have no contact with people other than when required by their jobs. People think their own personal pleasure is the ultimate good, but people have never been less satisfied.

My wife would not require me to sell my system, but she is more important to me than all the equipment in the world. Our relationship has it's bad times (this is one of them right now) but she still supercedes all the stuff in front of my listening chair.

I've never heard words of consolation at a funeral given by a stereo system. All those electronics don't care one bit about you or your love of music. You mean nothing to your system! The tears come from your loved ones...

People, get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o
I don't want a life thank you or to talk to my neighbors. You haven't met them.(I really don't have any, I live in the boonies)
Nrchy:

If I remember well, we got off the wrong foot last time we stumble don each other in a thread...and since I know what you went through, I must agree with your post.

This being said, you have to take 90% of these posts with a grain of salt and keep your sense of humor. Wife vs. audio is a no-brainer for most of us: with time, most audio gear improve while women tend to lose all of their appeal. So go out there, trade, auction The old wife out with No Reserve!!!!