Wife/girlfriend or audio: if you had to chose?

Say your wife or girlfriend (no kid involved) asked you to drop your passion for audio, sell your system and settle for a Bose Wave box - because she thinks that your hobby is a barely grown-up kid toy story that needs to stop (either invasive or expensive or just ridiculous to her friends and family).
What do you do? keep wife/girlfriend or your gear?
Just respond: Audio or Wife and in brackets years of relationship...

Audio (21)!
beheme
Post removed 
Actually, I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that you are assuming that it is just super easy/automatic to gain a spouse. It's not, at least for some. What seems easy for you can not be done by others. Take composing music for example. Can you whip up a Symphony quick? Mozart sure could. But to most people, it boggles the mind how musicians can do this. Not everybody can.

Lower expectations? If the 'chemistry' isn't there - it won't work, period. Been there, done that.

I do joke in here a lot "What's a wife", but for the record, I am divorced.

As far as being in the 'middle of nowhere' - not too far off. I live in a One-Horse Southern Capitol of the Confederacy That Isn't Richmond. All the good ones are 'taken' and taken early. Most around here marry VERY early.

But the main reason I am single is I refuse to play the social game. I stay home and play music and use the computer every night. I have no interest whatsoever in 'going out'. I don't care anymore.

I don't really mean to get too personal here. But let's not kid ourselves. NOBODY has EVER left their spouse because he/she has bought too much stereo equipment (unless the buyer has a dependency-type shopaholic problem that has ruined the finances). The point I am rambling toward ;) is this: Appreciate the blessings of a spouse that you have. Don't take it for granted.

Lastly, let me add this: The opposite is also very true. Many people (for instance 99% of people in Africa) have Families, but cannot afford stereo equipment.
Ok, this is getting waaaay toooo serious. Now, wife, audio or dog? we recently saw a fellow Agoner selling his speakers because his cat had p#%@@ all over them and he chose the cat over audio...how many would have gunned the cat out? Apparently, if you skin the cat the right way, you can get a pitch that goes way over SACD's 40+kHz.
Stereo is predicated on illusion. Some of us seem to be moving over to delusion. I've been with the same woman for 17 years and can't imagine a desire to upgrade. I've been through more than a hundred audio components in that same time. You can't possibly think that a human being is of less value than an amp even if it does have voluptuous tubes and it's self-biasing.
Before you get down on Joeylawn, maybe theres things going on in his life we don't know or understand??? I'm not saying I'm just saying.

Beheme, I had to laugh about your audio mags in the bathroom. I guess when audio becomes more passionate then our sex drives then we know that we arrived. At least arrived to be audio geeks!

You know your an audiophile........
when you spend more time on audio forums then at your job!

Happy listening