Greek Audiophile - Documentary Video

I just thought some of you may get a kick out of this, as well as possibly some inspiration : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

I'm not sure if this is allowed under audiogon's policies, but I'm sure the moderators will let me know.
poolie
Ellery, I concur. If only we knew how WE look to others with our audio inanities! However, I must chastise you for not knowing immediately the brand of your monitor stands described in your system! "Ummmmm" is NOT good enough! We cannot impress the non-audiophile world with generalizations! We must be able to trot out phrases like, "My stands are compeletly inert!" Actually, I love how into it they get, spewing all their technical audiobabble. How excited would we be over someone gushing about the intricacies of dolls or baking, or computer building, or hunting, (actually, I once heard a live talk about Turkey Hunting and it was so well done that for a moment I actually thought about taking it up, until I thought about the cost, the time, etc. How out of touch with reality ARE those hunters anyway!?) etc.? What the video does show is passion, and that passion for music may lure some unsuspecting folk into trying it. Then, they are doomed!
Hi all,

Moderators may remove another post I entered about the film a few days back, since it seems this is a more proper place for such a discussion.

Thank you for your nice comments.

I would just recommend a visit to the introductory page of the film @ http://aca.gr/event06-3.htm, where everything about the film's genesis is explained, links to the "actors' systems pages" are placed, thumbnails of the main scenes of the film are inserted, etc, etc...

The film itself is also embedded there (from YouTube)

Merry Christmas & a Happy (and more insane...) Year 2007!
That's a great video. Brought back memories from my childhood. I grew up listening to reel-to-reel deck. When I was 3 or 4 I would record myself making noises, then I would record my sister singing. What I remember vividly that on one occasion the deck caught on fire and since then I’ve been blamed for rest of my life for burning it. Thanks to the occasion my dad upgraded it to Revox B77 and since then I got caught up in HI-FI. We had home made speakers the size of the refrigerator, Sony TA-1120 amp, Apollon cassette deck (made in Japan, to commemorate Apollo 11 mission, still can’t find any info on this unit), Technics turn table.
How often you meet people:1)that rent their houses and own
expensive cars? 2)live in a totally messed up environment
because they love dogs and cats(with all their money in petfood and vets)3)Their fridge is empty of food but their closets are full of Armani...4)Buy the latest hightech cellphone whose countless capabilities will never use...
I can go for ever.Please check how relaxed and in heaven
they are when they listen to their music alone.All have their eyes closed.I bet a lot of people would pay 100.000$
to have this happen to them every day,in their homes,any time they feel like it.It really makes you a better person.
If you think that there is no need to go so high it's ok.
BUT you have to try convince yourself that there is no difference between a 30000$,a 60000$ and a 90000$ system.
You'll really have to try...