turntable stand, steel, aluminum,shelves of ?

What do you use, cost no object. Steel , Aluminum, sand or lead filled. Your table, sprung or pointed, your arm, cartridge, on a concrete or wood floor.

Did you buy or build. There are many great suppliers of eqipment racks out there. My situation requires a custom design that cannot be satisfyed by a standard supplier. I've spent a good deal of time building my table, the stand might make it or break it. Your thoughts are more valuabe than you might think

I'm a DIY guy, I can mig weld steel or tig weld aluminum. I can fill it with sand or a matrix of urethane and lead.

Guys, I'm 65 and I don't have that much time left for mistakes. I have a sexy wife, three years younger than I, who only uses the music to the means to an end. -----------------

Please reply soon , as Sue tells me we will have a Saturday nite dance fest with Delbedrt Mc Klinton, I may be dead by Sunday.

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks, Ken
kftool
G M C,

There are those who make stands from steel and aluminum, thin wall, fancy shape. Why , because everything that gets shipped is priced on density and volume. They say, fill it with sand, check the density of sand and steel., quite a difference but sand is $3 at home depot for 100 lbs. Solid steel or aluminum rings if you hit it with a hammer, I don't think that I ever went around hitting support stands when the music is playing. It's all about business and the economics of shipping something that is great eye candy, you take care of the details. I think you are on the mark with what you are building for yourself, I may need to rethink my plans for the stand I am building.

GMC , I sincerely thank you for your posting, I may just use solid steel for the shelves. In fact , I think I will, I'll send you a cd of the stand and table I am assembling. Please email me an address.

regards, Ken
Hals Den.

My walls are acoustically treated with panels from Acoustics First. There is no way I can hang anything heavier than a painting, so I am relagated to floor standing devices. I 've heard good things about wall mounted stands as long as the wall isn't built the way houses are built today.

Thanks for the reply.
G M C. I got your email, If my reply didn't get thru, I feel I can help you with a better material than what you plan to use. My business is Polyester/ Epoxy/ urethane and silicone resins and elastomers. There are better options than those available to you. Email or respond on this posting before you go any further with the silicone material you plan to use.

regards, Ken