Best way to copy LPs to CD's using a Computer

Please help! I want to transfer many of my lp's to digital and onto CDs. What software programs have you used that you could recommend and what would you suggest as the best way to connect from the integrated amp to the computer to transfer the signal?
128x128jcbach
There are lots of programs available at your favourite computer store. Cakewalk Pyro, for example, is one that I have.

You should also check this out:

http://www.cfbsoftware.com.au

These guys make a program called LP Ripper and one called LP Recorder (You need both). You can download a trial version for free and try it out. If you like it, you can buy it online and have the complete program downloaded. It's pretty easy to use and works very well.
While it's quite possible to do it and there are a number of software programs that will handle the conversion, I would definitely do a trial first to see if it's worth it to you.

I converted about 75 lp's to digital, burned them to CD's and, in the end, it felt like a major waste of time. The process is very labor intensive and not nearly as simple to do well as the software vendors would have you believe.

If you have music you love that isn't available on CD then it may be worth it but I would take advantage of a trial version of the software if it's available to gauge the level of effort it's going to require.
I have recorded MANY lps from my preamp to my minidisc then digitized to my Mac laptop. Or, directly from the pre into the MAC. The program sells for $100 and it is called Toast titanium, within is disc doctor which is used for analog to digital. Easy and sounds great. It is available for PCs as well.
Of course you can then make CD copies.
Good luck, let us know what you do.