How do I know what my system's

Ok, let's say I have some fun money to upgrade something or other in my system. This may sound like a dumb question, but...how does one know where to begin??? I have a collection of pretty decent stuff, and it all sounds pretty good. But since I bought it all at about the same time, my problem is, how am I supposed to know which component to upgrade first to get a meaningful payoff? It's not that I'm unhappy with my system, it's that I have a couple thousand bucks burning a hole.

So I thought I'd post my stuff and see if anything ensued.

CD player: Arcam CD23 FMJ
Preamp: Classe Audio Six (discontinued, expensive model from the mid 90s)
Power amp: Bryston 3B-ST
Loudspeakers: Revel Performa F30s

All cables are by Transparent Audio:
PowerBank Ultra line conditioner
MusicLink Ultra interconnects
MusicWave Super speaker cables

Anyone? Anyone? Does any of this stuff suck enough to suggest an obvious improvement, or is it a total toss-up?
skippack
Room treatment...is there like an 800 number for that?

It's not a bad room. Carpet, wood panels, windows with blinds, and I'm using a couple tube traps for the first reflection. And I have my equipment fairly isolated in a recessed space behind the speakers.

But maybe a snappier paint color would do the trick. Egg shell or satin???
i owned a classe dr 6 pre amp a number of years ago. i was impressed with the soundstage, resolution and depth. however, i found it dry sounding. i sold it within 3 months after i bought it.

i admit to preferring tube electronics, but it is possible you might want to upgrade your preamp, if you have any issues with the performance of your stereo system.

if you are satisfied with the "tonality" of your stereo system, so be it. otherwise, you might consider trying a tube preamp.
I suggested a tubed pre but I do not advocate your going all tubes. Adding a tubed pre would be to mellow out your system and maybe improve your soundstage a bit. As I said I have the same CD player that I am happy with also. I don't think it is a weak link at all. If you listen to rock and or jazz you probably don't want to give up the control, bass, dynamics of your SS amp. Tubed pres are generally not alot of fuss. You should get a few years out of a set of tubes and not have to become a "tube roller". Of course, that particular illness is open to you if you so desire. Different tubes will make your system sound different. Amps can be a different story on the fussy issue. There are alot of people in the tubed pre, SS amp camp as I am. IMHO the tubed pre and SS amp give you the best of both worlds. A word of caution, there can be some trickiness in matching up a tubed pre and SS amp, all will not partner well but those that do make music. Another option would be to add a tube buffer between your pre and CD player. You can buy the Musical Fidelity setup with power supply for about $800 new.
Thanks for all the replies.

For the time being, and speaking of tubes, I will be auditioning the Van Alstine 350EXR Ultra, a tube-MOSFET hybrid power amp. Frank Van Alstine agreed that my Bryston amp was the best candidate for "weak link" status, and assured me I would hear a world of difference. We'll see. For anyone not familiar, the front-end tubes are isolated for voltage manipulation, and not at all involved in feeding current to the speakers. Or something like that; I'm not an engineer. Also for anyone not familiar, Van Alstine products are not sold through dealers; you buy them directly from his shop in MN. Anyway lots of people seem to rave about them, and they are certainly affordable (the 350EXR goes for $1849).

If I like it enough I may consider one of his preamps, which I believe are available either pure tubed or hybrid.

All comments on tube components vs. hybrid components, and combinations thereof, welcomed.