Will a Full Page Ad Guarantee a Review?

Do you think there is a correlation between the two? Zucable has a full page ad in a major pub. How many months will that have to run to guarantee a review?
128x128warrenh
People are confusing reviewers and editors here. Most reviewers don't have any inside knowledge about advertising because they don't actually work for the magazine. Almost all reviews in the audio mags are done by freelancers. And those freelancers don't decide what gets reviewed. They can propose something, but it's the editor's call.

And you can be very sure that the editors know perfectly well who's advertising in their publication, and how much. It's certainly been the case in the past that advertising has led editors to request review samples from a company. There's no guarantee, but a smallish, newish company can certainly up its odds by advertising.

That said, the primary purpose of reviews is to sell magazines. By and large, editors are going to want to review the products that readers most want to read about. Having an exciting or "different" product is a much better bet than advertising. If all you're offering is the latest iteration on the basic 12-gauge copper cable, an editor is going to yawn, no matter how much advertising you buy.
Post removed 
Ad nauseum. There doesn't seem to be any way to stop this nonsense. Good way to measure the depth of audio paranoia at any given time, I guess.
Based upon a six edition run a quarter page ad equals multiple mentions in show reports, a half page ad equals a review, a full page ad equals a positive review and inclusion in a reviewer's reference system and a for a pair of Scarlett J.'s unwashed panties they'll create an A+++ category for your product in the recommended components issue.

I don't know why you think this is some sort of secret since the magazine freely publishes this exchange list. Go to http://stereophony/FAQ/bullshit&otherlies/php/$$$=paranoia.html
I know a guy who talked to a guy who used to be a roommate of a guy who worked for this audio guy and he said.........
I really don't have any reason to question the ethics of the audio magazines or reviewers. Although I, at times, disagree with them I enjoy reading the reviews, and forming my own opinions. I have never had a reviewer or editor do me wrong and until they do I will assume they are fine people, even Mikey. I know that they are not given free merchandise as I have Dynaudio Special 25 # 95 & 96 in my living room, the same pair that Stereophile reviewed on two occassions. So they must have given them back to Dynaudio. Unless there is some kind of a conspiracy??? Hmmm, I'm going to talk to this guy who knows this guy..................