Music Hall Maverick, Is it any good

Hello,
I was thinking of buying a Music Hall Maverick. I have read some mixed reviews about it and would like to know how it performs. Is it an all around good player or is it troublesome? I will be hooking it up to a DK Design Ref II. and am thinking of trying out the upsampling and SACD.
Thanks for your info and time. Cheers Bob
sonicbob
Wow! Not my experience at all. Maybe I got then one good unit they made. Mine sounds terrific. Want to buy it? Sorry, not for sale.
If you got the good unit, consider yourself very lucky. There aren't many of them, as I've found out. Shame, too, because it sounds terrific when it works.
I've got to ask, is anyone out there having the good experience with the Maverick that I am (so far)? I am kinda surprised about the negative performance these other folks have experienced.
I purchased one right after they were out on the market. In the short time I owned it, I never had any issues with it, other than the occasional tray not responding to the open/close command. I did not keep it as I decided digital just wasn't my cup of tea.
I have had a Maverick with level 1 mods from Parts Connexion that I bought used about a year ago. It was $1000 used, about half of the retail price. This unit has performed flawlessly. I have a home office, so I play the unit 30 hrs a week. I have it paired with a pair of Shanling SP80 tube monoblocks, also with level 1 mod from Parts Connexion. I am very happy with this pairing, along with a pair of Meadowlark Blue Heron II's.
Other then a small part going bad in one of the SP80's, this set up has worked flawlessly.