Music Hall Maverick, Is it any good

Hello,
I was thinking of buying a Music Hall Maverick. I have read some mixed reviews about it and would like to know how it performs. Is it an all around good player or is it troublesome? I will be hooking it up to a DK Design Ref II. and am thinking of trying out the upsampling and SACD.
Thanks for your info and time. Cheers Bob
sonicbob
My experience with the Maverick is the same as that of Libertasdon.

1) White noise outbursts
2) Can't read many SACDs
3) Stops playing SACDs mid-track

Mine is in the box in a closet and has been there for months. It's un-sellable (with a clear conscience) unless I wanted to put it up on the 'Gon for auction with these problems listed clearly and rated 0/10.

Junk.

Cheers.

Wow! Not my experience at all. Maybe I got then one good unit they made. Mine sounds terrific. Want to buy it? Sorry, not for sale.
If you got the good unit, consider yourself very lucky. There aren't many of them, as I've found out. Shame, too, because it sounds terrific when it works.
I've got to ask, is anyone out there having the good experience with the Maverick that I am (so far)? I am kinda surprised about the negative performance these other folks have experienced.
I purchased one right after they were out on the market. In the short time I owned it, I never had any issues with it, other than the occasional tray not responding to the open/close command. I did not keep it as I decided digital just wasn't my cup of tea.