Audio Tweak gone bad...similar experiences?

Hello,

As I said in a post earlier this morning, my right channel of my Classe DAC-1 has stopped working...I think I know what happened. I found a penny and placed it on top of my right channel speaker in hopes to "improve" the sound...Something that I was inspired by after reading some of the posts on Clever Little Clock. Got myself an atomic clock in my listening room which seems to help, so I was wondering if other things would help as well...Come to find out I think that the penny ruined my DAC! I have no other explanation for it other than that, so DAMN, that will be the last time I try that!

Peace,
Ben
bearotti
There are, now, silver pennies available for audiophile applications -- and cryogenically treated for a small premium. Silver is a better conductor as you all know.

Silver dollars, dimes, etc, mentioned above won't do: they have the wrong gauge for the application. "Multistranding" the pennies, as in a piggy bank, creates channel cross-talk and vulnerability to emi -- not to mention problems due to chaotic surface contact between the pennies.

What we really need is a selection of matched, NOS, wide-bandwidth pennies.
Was the penny heads up? Also, was it deep cycle cryo'd? All dependent upon the outcome...
Has anyone tried the WWII steel pennies?

Someone in the Asylum says these are the only real way to get audible results. Using other types of pennies is senseless.
You could try the very rare 1942 cooper or the somewhat less rare zinc coated 1942 steel penny, both great vinage pieces. Stay away from the chinese junk (tung pao)with the square holes in them, they sound worse than chinese tubes. Watch out for mis-stamped coins, they could have blown out you amps. Happy Listening!