Vintage systems- anyone else?

My 2 channel audio system is completely vintage, and I enjoy it very much. I have very little disposeable income for audio, so vintage seemed like my best opportunity to build a system to enjoy.

I have absolutely nothing against new gear, other than I can't afford it. Anyone else taken the vintage path and enjoy the results?

Steve
wwwrecords
I too have a soft spot for older vintage systems. My senior system consists of a Scott 340B receiver, Klipsch Industrial Ported Heresy's and a Linn LP12 turntable with the Adkit cartridge. I use radio shack interconnects and 14 gauge speaker wire. This system gets alot of things right. I can listen to jazz for hours without fatigue.
My main 2-channel system is a Harmon Kardon HK 730 twin being fed by a Linn LP 12. Although my speakers are newer Tannoy Rev 3's, I'm looking for some older Tannoys or Infinity "Q" series.
I forgot to mention that I have a vintage Mitsubishi LT-30 linear turntable on the way.
Eico st 70 stereo amp & Eico st97 fm/am stereo tuner. Of course tubes- WOW! I've have Fisher 500c 's Scott 222,299,272,340 and various Macs- but you've got to hear the Eico's.Also have modified caps Ar2a 's .Frazier speakers which sound better than tc-50's ,Ar s,KLh's etc. Just a hoot how great this combo sounds! Rekokut table tops it off. Not the greatest but amazing for it's age - got lots more too- But this combo is my favorite
I seriously appreciate the better built and engineered vintage equipment in a simular manner as as I do a cared-for vintage automobile, a fine vintage wine, classic architecture, the musical classics in all categories, classic artwork, a leather coat that I've worn old. There is a certain pride of ownership with vintage gear that just isn't the same for me when I just purchase it new. There is something special about the worn-in sound my aged analog system gives me.

My late 70's system will still outperform an awful lot of the more costly new gear (to my ears). For me, it's a joy keeping it all in fine working order. I am careful about any tweeking. I cherish fireing up my big Yamahas (MX/CX1000s), 3 pairs of Mac XR-7 speakers w/ Mac environmental equalizers, my JBL L-65 speakers , Sota Star Sapphire TT, my Micro-Seiki TT, Akai professional cassette deck, and my ATUS mixer that enables me to join in on the music with my harps.

Such a joy. Cherish the music!