What is an Audiophile?

Jax2, I think put up a link to a series of definitions, but I wonder what the Audiogon community considers an Audiophile.
uppermidfi
Jax2, I think put up a link to a series of definitions

Actually, I just put up the very simple Merriam-Webster definition, but praised Slikric3000 for the link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=audiophile

Looks like a few good additions above too!

I like Webster's definition when it comes down to it. When in doubt, you can always initiate the secret handshake and see if it is properly returned (or look for the tell-tale brown thumb as my pal Gunbei points out). If not give one of those "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" screams like ol' Donald Sutherland and we'll all converge on the poor sot and make things right. It'll be a better world to live in once we've weeded out the unwashed masses who have no enthusiasm for a $65K turntable and 350 lb speakers! Soilent Green anyone?

Marco
someone who tries to spend money to obtain perfection and when they think they have it, must spend again to find out if they did indeed find it...
Just received March edition of TAS. On the Back Page Barry Willis has a wonderful answer to this question. He sure nailed me.
Joe