Stillpoint ERS Paper Question

I would like to get some opinions from A'goners who have tried the ERS paper tweak. Please let me know which component (ie, CDP, Amplifier, preamp, etc) you treated and where you put the paper/cloth on your components. Also, how much did you use (ie, one 8x11, two 4x6's, etc), and your observations good or bad!
In advance, thanks and happy listening!
louisl
Norfish, I agree entirely about if you lose highs you have too much. I went down to 1/4" square before giving up.
I've been playing with this stuff for a couple of years now, and believe me, it can drive you nuts. But, it can also amaze you if you spend the time.

I use many small pieces (13 on my cd player). My pieces range in size from approx. 1/8 x 1/2 inches to dots I punched out using a paper hole punch.

First: Location is everything. I get the best response on my cd player. Use a large piece (mabe 1 X 2 inches) as a scout only, to locate sympathetic areas. Then, I wish I could tell you axactly how many to use and where to put them but I don't think anyone can. Good tweaking and good luck.
I have 2 small (2"x3") on my CPD and one 2"x3" sheet on my BAM that comes with my Merlin speakers.
You guys have whetted my interest to retry this material. I find it most curious that my tiny amounts just kill the dynamics of music while others using much larger amounts report great satisfaction. I will follow Phaelon's suggestion of using a paper punch and trying such dots in different locations.
This product works well, however, it does take time, effort, and much experimentation to get it right. I started by placing full 8 x10 sheets on top of my preamp and CD player. Improvements were immediately heard. I bought the self-adhesive sheets with intentions of mounting several cut-to-size pieces inside each component. I started with the case of the CD player by mounting sheets on the inside of the upper lid, inside of the lower lid, and both sides. Without listening to the results, I proceeded to cover the preamp power supply case and incoming power wires. This was a mistake.

The warning that comes with the ERS cloth advises that you do not mount this stuff near any analog circuits or the high-end could become too extended or too prevalent. That is what I first experienced. I actually had to carefully pull each sheet back off each mounting location and start over. You can remove this product within a few hours of mounting on most surfaces if you are careful. I used hair dryer to slightly heat up the adhesive.

I then restarted by covering the inside top lid of the CD player ONLY above the digital section. I also added a sheet on the side panel of the same section housing the power supply. This made quite an improvement over my initial impressions with the full sheet just sitting on the top of the unit. It also means that far less material is needed when mounting the ERS cloth inside the unit. I listened for awhile and then added a sheet under the digital section on the inside lower lid. Another improvement, although not to the same extent. To test the high-end issue, I placed sheets on the rest of remaining sections of the inside case. This is when the high end became obnoxious and the sound became overall dead. Quickly pulling it back-off and the CD player returned to it's original improvement.

The same sort of results happened in the preamp test. Too much cloth affected the balance, athough not to the same extent. Covering just the power supply case - no cloth on the inside of the main case was the best result.

I then tried to put some inside the case of the Maggie 3.6 external crossover, but I found no significant improvement. This may have to do withn the fact that I use the Z-sleeves at the end of my speaker wire runs, which do the same job as the ERS cloth. Z-sleeves are produced using ERS as one of their main layers.

This tweek does indeed work, and work well. The difference is unlike some tweeks in that it takes more effort to get the proper results.