Looking for a CD-R to transfer vinly to CD

I would like to burn cds for a limited number of my vinyl records. I have read that the Pioneer PDR 609 is just the number but it is apparently no longer, if it ever was, available in the U.S.A.

Does anyone know where I can find this machine or have other suggestions?

Many Thanks for your feedback, John H M
jhm350
Came back here just becauise I was thinking about it while lookingn at old posts.It makes sense that CD-R's will not hold up and need to be re-recoded (kept up) because they are melting a soft chrystalline metal mto print the muisc while commercial plant use a thin disc and punch holes in them and they spay a reflective metal to bouce back the info.With CD-RW's I think it could only be worse.it's just a higher laser teperture that wipes them clean.I know that when CD's themnselves came out in early 80's folks usd to vinyl swore in 5 years everything inside the CD would oxidize and the music corrupted.Forytunately this has not proved to be the case but I think the Audio press sites like this and others should discuss "perfect sound forever" once again.Maybe the only answer willbe in having CD-R's replaced with another format when buinesses start losing valuable backed up data and this will cause manufacturers to address longevity.As anybody else who see's this I am bummed because I was hoping we'd be talking aboiut more than 10 or 20 years the same as when metal tape starts to oxidize and flake off.What a super bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chazzbo
Thanks for the Tascam rec as well as the info on CD-R life.

There is a recent article in PC World on recordable CD lifespan, with a link to a source for "archive quality" discs at:

http://msn.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,120833,00.asp