Corner treatment -- PZCs a sure thing?

I'm looking for a set of room upper corner treatments for my living room. The upper corners probably are the only places in that space where I can use audio-specific treatments. The triangular pillow-type traps seem like a pretty sure thing; it sounds like only good can come from reducing the amount of energy being megaphoned out of those corners. I'm not so sure about the tunable pressure-zone controller devices (Michael Green). Are they as versatile and sure to be helpful as the pillow traps? Can anyone describe the comparative effects of these two approaches in their room and system?
jayboard
The Eighth Nerve Adapt product is considerably better than the PZC. PZC's might work for you if you have a very large room, but I found them to be incredibly absorbent and they shut the sound down in an average sized room.
I built my own triangular corner treatments. I just copied the Michael Green model, and did the other two types as well at the same time. The Jon Risch information that I picked up along the way, among others, REALLY helped a lot. The end product uses burlap (most acoustically transparent - you don't want the material reflecting), stuffed with long hair carded wool (best stuffing sonically). All of the materials cost me about $55, plus the sweat equity.

The improvements were not subtle. Highly recommended.
You didn't ecxactly copy the Michael Green corners as you actually do want the material to reflect. The front reflects and the back absorbs.
Correct, Herman.

You have to know your room, system, tastes, etc. In my room, I was bothered by peakiness in the upper mids/lower treble due to reflection/reinforcement of these frequencies that was manifesting itself as a harshness/brightness that no component could really get past. I needed absorption. Therefore, no reflective material.

However, not so hard to insert a reflective (polyethylene sheet) in one side of the room treatments. While I didn't go to the trouble of a zipper to finish things off, I left about a few inches open on the top flat ends of all of my units to be able to stuff, adjust stuffing, add a reflective piece, etc.

A/B comparisons between commercial products and the DIY showed the homemade jobs to be far superior. As you said, I didn't exactly copy the Michael Green units - in actuality, thanks to folks like Jon Risch and others, I ended up with something far superior. All at a fraction of the cost.