This sucks

I just liquidated my old system [http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vstrt&1125889203&view] and replaced it with the follwing: Marantz SA8260 (on Mapleshade Surefoot), to Purist Audio Maximus ICs, to Cary 300SEI (on Mapleshade Heavyfoot with PS Audio Lab I PC and Sophia 300b) to Blue Dragon headphone cable to Senn HD650. There is NO bottom end and the whole soundstage sounds smeared and just overall horrible. What the hell was I thinking?? Is there a link in my current chain that might be causing this?? Is this the best I can expect from my headphone system?
pawlowski6132
Herman, that's too funny. That happened to me last night. I had my eyes closed and "felt" a presence. I opened my eyes and my stupid dog was in my face staring at me!
why would you give up VR4jr speakers?????

I agree - headphone systems have their benefits, but nothing compares to lifesized soundstage in front of you (as apposed to miniature in your headstage). I enjoy headphones very much, but I have my rig for the full effect.

If money was an issue than I understand, but if you just got fed up and went headphones then you reep what you sew. I'm sorry it ended up this way.

Maybe try Grado phones as Senns can be analytical and well boring... I have senns and grado (600 & RS-1) and listen to both almost equally.
Robm321. Yes, money was an issue too. I bought some of my system on credit counting on a source of future income that will not materialize. I hate being in debt so...

Now I realize that I will need to save for a pair of highly sensitive speakers for my little room.
Post removed