Mint Condition, Doesn't Anyone Know What It Means

You used to see one or two things that said "MINT" condition, You new if it was over a month old that wasn't possible...Now I see Dynaco amps that are 40-50 years old, that say "MINT"...I don't think that I ever bought anything new or used that was mint....Do people know what it means ????
autospec
Post removed 
Cherry, now that's a good word.
The Dictionary said...
noun: a plant where money is coined by authority of the government.
noun: a candy that is flavored with a mint oil.
noun: the leaves of a mint plant used fresh or candied.
The adj. meaning "perfect" (like a freshly minted coin)

Mint condition:
A colloquial term for a vehicle that has been kept in, or restored to, perfect condition. Also called "cherry condition."
Mint Condition
A house or anything that is as close to new as possible.
IMHO I take MINT to mean a USED item that is virtually indistinguishable from new and INCLUDES the original box, paperwork, and all of the "bits" that would ordinarily be received by the buyer if it were new. I see all to many items advertized as mint without the above description. . .it is simply misleading to the buyer. Items that are virtually indistinguishable from new without the box, papers, etc. should be labeled as 9/10, much as the seller might wish to disagree.
I like the ads that claim the item for sale is "minty". I'm not sure if they're describing to the aroma or the flavor.