Headphone connect direct to Amp

Are there any headphones that can connect directly to an amplifier's speaker posts? I imagine that higher end headphones, or "cans" I guess to our fellow audiophiles accross the pond, have interchangeable cables with perhaps spades, bannas, etc??? Just curious.

Signed,

"Only enough money for headphones but have a source and shopping for a SET integrated which may or may not have a headphone jack."
pawlowski6132
As a follow up to my own post, is this the best way to go? What are the relative advantages in sound quality by plugging: 1) directly into the source? my cd player has a headphone jack with volume control 2)Buying a tubed preamp with a headpone jack 3) dedicated headphone amp 4) intgrated amp with headhone jack 4) speaker posts of SET amp?
I believe that the AKG K1000 headphones connect directly to the speaker post of an amp.
ck out headfi.com any headphones can connect to the posts the problem is that the amps are not made to put out .5w of power it usally takes several whatts to get a rich sound which would blow the headphone. You could put in a resester but that changes the sound. You could try comming out of the pre out. But the best bet is get a headphone amp.

Youu may find a off brand set that could handel a couple of whatts but I do not konw of any "good" phones that will.
There are adaptors by Russound, Antique Sound Labs and others that will allow you to do this with headphones for about $100. This way, you can use any headphones.
The other option, if your pre-amp has enough output voltage, is to buy coax to 1/4" or 1/8" adaptors at radio shack so you can hook up your headphones directly to the pre-amp outputs and skip the amp altogether. Beware, some headphones are much easier to drive than others.