BitPerfect for Mac vs Pure Music

I just installed BitPerfect and began using it. Have been using Pure Music up til now. In my system the BitPerfect has revealed a startling layer of detail I've not heard before with my music. Mids, seem a little harder, tho not harsh as when using iTunes alone. Pure Music is easier on the ears to a small degree, but seems muffled by comparison. I understand all our results may vary, but I'd appreciate hearing your experiences and thoughts regarding this software. Its native file format automatic switching is a nice feature....but worth its sound?
rabco
I've found Audirvana to provide the best detail from my iMac and it
integrates seemlessly with iTunes.

Better details and dynamics than Bitperfect without the cost of Amarra.

Never tried Pure Music, so can offer no opinion on that front

Regards
I have been trying BitPerfect, JRiver Media Center 19 for Mac, Pure Music 2.0, and most recently got Amarra 3.0. I am hard pressed to "hear" differences between playback on these various players. However, the user interfaces are vastly different. Some I find much easier to operate than others. For instance, I have difficulty with the logic and features of JRiver even though it's a lot of people's favorite player. By cobntrast I find Pure Music and BitPerfect really easy to use. I was getting dropouts with BitPerfect and discovered it was my DAC. I only just purchased Amarra so can't yet tell if I will find the GUI easy or crazy. I do like the JRiver Remote app better than using the iTunes remote app which you have to use to control Pure Music or BitPerfect from your iPad or iPhone device. Amarra recommended I try Splashtop to use as a remote app with that player, so I am trying that out as well. For me, the easiest and best user interface is iPeng controlling Logitech Media Server for my Squeezeboxes. There is no other remote app that offers the functionality and ease of use of this one, but it only works with Squeezebox which Logitech has discontinued. Luckily mine are all still functioning so I still have that option at least for a while.