How do I dowload higher rez songs on iTunes?

So, my kids gave me a 32GB iTouch for my birthday yesterday. I was....ahem....touched...;-)

I have it all synched up to my PC and have an iTunes account now. I bought my fist song. Actually, my son chose it. ("Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters.) I plugged my new Shure e5..?...ear buds in and was greeted by a clear, loud signal that was certainly acceptable for the masses, but I seek better quality. I'm sure you can relate.

Is there an easy access setting on iTunes that I can change so that my songs are downlaoded as Apple Lossless or better?

Thanks for your help.
Ian
ianrmack
I don't think so if download from the Itunes store. There is a preference setting in itunes that allows you to modify the audio codec for downloads, but everything from itunes store has DRM embedded in it and you can only download as an MPeg4. You can buy converter software, but i don't think that will get you to a hi-rez file.
Post removed 
You do know that you can just "rip" songs from your cds right? This is when you would make sure the importing setting are on Apple Lossless before you start. I still occasionally talk to people who think you have to download everything you put on an ipod.