O.C.D. Speaker placement

How o.c.d. are you in speaker placement, and how important is it? I am o.c.d. in many aspects of my life including speaker placement. I've always enjoyed what is known as a formal balance (symmetrical design). So this is my dilemma: I have the distance of my speakers equal, within an 1/8", from the side and back walls, and they are also level side to side and front to back but the distance from the center of my listening position to the tweeters is different by somewhere between 1/2"-3/4". Does this even really matter?
I'm sure I'll get all kinds of jokes towards this question, but whatever. I figure there has to be some other o.c.d. people here considering all of the products aimed towards audiophiles, from footers to cable risers to c.d. and i.c. polishing kits.
128x128b_limo
I suggest you buy the book "Get Better Sound" by Jim Smith and then you can put your OCD to good use. For example, he explains that the distance from the side and back walls being equal for both speakers is not the issue- what really matters is equal distance, toe in, height etc. of the speakers to the listening position, which really makes sense if you think about it. Also, get rid of the string/ruler and buy a <$100 digital laser tape measure. It does matter, but you need a guide as to what to be OCD about.
O.C.D. is not your problem,D.L.S.is what you suffer from. ( don't like speakers).No medication will cure that.
Maybe I should look into G.N.S. (getting new speakers) :-)
Hey Tpreaves, trade ya my studio 20's, $50 and a piece of bubblicious for them there Tylers ;-)