A mystery for you tech gurus out there

Hi all -

I am stumped, to say the least, at what could be going on with my home theatre system. My equipment hooked up is:

-Denon 1913-AVR receiver
-Dual CS7000 (Golden one) turntable (grounded to a casing screw on the receiver case)
-Marantz 5 disc CD changer
-Front speakers: Paradigm studio 60 v1
-Center and surrounds: Sony
-Klipsch subwoofer
-Panasonic plasma TV

So the issue revolves around the front Paradigm Studio 60s. Whichever one is plugged into the FRONT LEFT speaker output on the receiver emits an occasional, loud pop. Usually the pop comes in bursts, and sounds almost like a fireworks show would with a succession of airy-sounding, concussive pops.

I thought it was my receiver (I originally had a Denon 1911-AVR giving me the same issue) and recently got the 1913, and the issue persisted. I have tried using new speaker wire as well. The part that I cant figure out is when i go behind the receiver and switch the 2 front speakers around so that the speaker that was right is now left and vice versa, the popping now comes out of the right sided speaker which is now plugged into the FRONT LEFT output.

How can this be? Any thoughts or ideas?
-
snwbrdrcol
Seems we need to work further to ID the component at fault:
1. how far your turntable from your left speaker? try to isolate turntable or simply disconnect and take away from rig and see if problem remains
2. what source you're normally running when the pop(s) occur?
3. have you tried running this receiver 2ch only with video sources disconnected and unpowered or the same with audio sources disconnected and unpowered?
4. have you tried running system with no subwoofer?
5. do you connect your main speakers to subwoofer or receiver? have you tried connecting to subwoofer instead if you didn't?
6. how far your turntable from subwoofer?
Post removed 
Sounds like it's your speaker. Use or borrow another set, even a cheap pair, to confirm.
Hi everyone - thank you so much for the quick replies. To answer your questions:

1. the turntable is sitting right between the 2 speakers, roughly 3 feet from each. It is sitting about 2 feet above the receiver with all of the connections.

2. The popping has been heard all all sources, from HDMI sources to analog connections and also the iPod/iPhone

3. I have not tried running the system with only 2 channels connected

4. I honestly have a hard time remembering if the issue happened prior to hooking up the subwoofer, I believe it did

5. My front speakers are connected directly to the receiver

6. The turntable is about 3 feet from the subwoofer, as it sits behind the stereo cabinet the turntable is on top of

7. speakers are getting pretty old, I would venture 10 - 12 years.

It is bizarre to me that whichever of the 2 front speakers is plugged into the LEFT FRONT output makes this popping sound. That makes me think instantly that it must be the receiver, but like I said this is receiver number 2 having the identical issue.

Thanks again so much for your input.