Just sold my Dynavector XV-1s

Sold my XV-1s to a Audiogon member with no feedback. He emailed me that he had only one channel working. It worked perfectly when I removed it and put it back in the original packing to send. I told him to reverse the cables from his T.T. to phono pre and see if the other channel worked. If the same channel still worked he had a problem with his T.T. Any other ideas...
gandme
My original estimate was 300 hrs of play. Soundsmith determined the over all condition of the cart. to be very good, cantilever is in great shape with approx. 30% wear on the tip Now I need to make the decision to keep it or sacrifice it to my amp upgrade itch.
I have been playing a Denon 103r in it's place and while not nearly as refined, it has a very easy listening lush sound...but I can see myself getting bored and missing the details that a high $$$ cart brings to the table. But for under $400 the 103r is amazing!
Yeah, I saw your other post on that. There is no doubt that when chasing the ever ellusive "absolute sound", the laws of diminshing returns hit early and hard in cartridges. I won't say more so in cartridges than in other areas, but I've been there, done that.

Think about that amp upgrade. Maybe you're "hearing" how good the Denon is because you want to spend that money on an amp. The merry-go-round never stops my friend, someone else just found a sweet amp that costs 5% of what his old amp did, because he wants to buy an expensive cartridge. ;)

Cheers,
John

I don't think that soldering a lead back on constitutes anything note worthy. Just keep it between you and your X wife.