If you had $2000 to upgrade this system...

Hopeful this is a reasonable forum to post this in. I'd appreciate input from experienced members. How would you spend $2-5K to upgrade some aspect of this system? Please no cable, power cord, tube or vibration damping recommendations. Not that I don't think these make a difference. I DO. I get it. I do it! Mainly looking for component recommendations. Things sound very, very good to me right now but of course always looking for more - especially bass, stage depth, air and imaging. Thanks to any and all in advance. Main system components are listed here:

APC power supply
Consonance Ref. 50 pre-amp
Consonance Cyber 800SE monoblocks
Denon 2910 mod'd by David Schulte
MF V-Dac
MF V-Link
KAB mod'd. Technics SL1210M5G
KAB mod'd Stanton cart/stylus
Lehmann Black Cube (not SE but does have separate power supply - not wall wart)
Totem Forest speakers

Again, thanks in advance for your time.
128x128ghosthouse
Other than maybe a sub, assuming you have source material to justify for both, to make the best progress, always focus on getting the lesser source to match or exceed the other in general.

Sounds like digital is the lesser currently.

One can get both to sound very close but likely never exactly the same. That's OK. When you find yourself enjoying and always looking forward to listening to the next favorite on either without concern for the sound of the format, you are done.

You may well not have to drop the entire $2000 for the first enhancement/tweak. A lot can be achieved with digital sources or subs for under $1000 Keep the funds around as best as possible so you have them if/when the next tweak is needed. Take smaller well researched but inexpensive steps rather than drop the budget in one shot and take a chance on an expensive new device that may or may not help and will depreciate considerably as soon as you buy it.

Also be sure to always work to keep the setup in th e room optimized for best performance there (sounds like you do that already) before taking the next step.
Good advice MP (don't plunk all of it down on one spin of the wheel). Got a bee in my bonnet for trying a new phono stage. Used is OK but leaning towards the Heed Quasar. Subs (which have the benefit of letting me keep the Forests - so less at risk there) might wait until I get into the new listening area. BTW - are you by any chance a cartographer?
"BTW - are you by any chance a cartographer? "

I've studied and taught some digital cartography classes back in grad school and also have a lot of experience with Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing.

I work as a software/systems engineer these days.
With what you have, I would get a Dodd phono preamp. I think that would be the biggest change in sound that you could get for the money.

Bob
Rsimms/Bob - thanks for your specific recommendation. It is appreciated. Will check into the Dodd. Would you recommend Dodd over Heed?