Ways to Reduce Atmospheric Noise

Hi Folks,
My tinnitus is coming back as a result of a cold and I believe also, due to a hyper-sensitivity towards atmospheric noise. The primary culprit is my annoying refrigerator which is up against a corner. I live in an apartment and I have my audio components in the best possible location but its relatively close to the kitchen. I also have neighbors above me who make a good deal of noise, primarily floor squeaking. Should I try placing noise proof styrofoam along walls and ceilings with velcro? Advice sincerely welcome!
goofyfoot
Some hardware stores sell tiles about 2 feet on a side....usually in 4 packs.
The tiles link together. I use 'em in front of my workbench and have one for yardwork, as a kneeler. They are about and inch thick, hard foam.
Refrigerators do need some space between surrounding areas to operate effectively.
At first glance I thought this post was about cosmic rays and shielding with foil hats, but to my surprise and immediate realization, I have a noisey frige too! So thank you, and I am gonna get some material as well to isolate the darn thing.
changing the power cord on the fridge to more warmer one....
or
buy a new fridge , new ones on the market are almost silent (probably cost less than cable upgrade)...
I bought a new fridge last year to replace a 20 year old GE.

New fridge is enough quieter to make a difference and runs FAR LESS which is worth about 50 KwH per month reduction vs the old electric bill. The reduction works out to missing about 6 weeks worth of bill per year. A win-win

The fridge with the IEC cord was about 200$ more, and was a no-go.