Magnepan 1.6 active 24db slop better than stock?

I'm bi- amping my magnepan 1.6's with Rane 22b,s.I have gobs of class A and triode power so that no problem.Do I go from my 22b's(to use gain control for each amps plus crossover for my subs) to my passive crossovers or bypass them and go 100% active Linkworth Riley 24db.If I do go active with 24db slope do I have to change polarity on my quasi tweeters.Can changing polarity(low to quasi)(and if I make a mistake)at any time one way or another hurt the speakers?Any opinions or expertize which way will sound better will be appreciated.
128x128swordshield
Are you planning to remove the grill to bypass the internal crossover for active bi-amping? It probably took Magnepan quite a lot of time and expertise to dial in that sound. Unless you're willing to spend hundreds of hours tweaking the frequency and slopes you will end up with a different sounding speaker than what Magnepan intended. You probably will like it better as you are self tuning it to your taste though.
Yes I would bypass the crossover's completely.Hoping theres somebody out there thats done it that can help.+Pluses+,extra power,24db slope verses 6&12 db slope.I have everything to do it,if it's going to improve I want to do it.
I have everything to do it,if it's going to improve I want to do it.
then why the heck are you asking - just do it! your system, your ears & your satisfaction.
do it & ascertain for yourself if it's an improvement or not.
why are you asking others for approval?
study the present x-over & figure out if there is a phase reversal or not & figure out how your new x-overs will plug into the speaker seemlessly. Also figure out how you will reverse the whole thing & bring it back to factory spec.
(BTW, I've noted your user-name so that I don't buy your specific Maggie 1.6s ;-) )
The woofer and tweeter crossover slopes are different (as you mention) but the break frequencies are also different. If you use a L/R crossover the break frequencies will be the same. Who knows how the speakers will sound.