Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
Lissnr,
In reality I can wage 5:1 that you will loose on blind testing. Whould you challange nuts in my hand? I'd like to see the flop!
Marakanetz, On MY system, changing just the power cable at random, I will get it right every time. Not only have I already done it, I've had visitors do it and I'd probably bet that, while knowing nothing about you, unless you have particularly poor hearing, that you could do it too. It's THAT obvious.
I repeat, this is NOT a controversy.
Why wouldn't a better power cord on a power conditioner make it work better?

You don't need to prove it to me, I can hear the differences with the one's I've made and bought.

All power cords can have an influence on the sound of whatever component they are plugged into, so what makes a power conditioner immune?

The better power that goes into it, the better it works, just like a better power cord on an amp will work better than a zip cord type power cord.

I've had great success using an upgeaded DIY/Hybrid name brand power cord on my power supply for my Rega P9 TT.

I can't give you the scientific reason why, but you are welcome for a demo.
If it does change the sound than either power conditioner or components are designed bad.
...I just changed the house electrical service panel from Bryant to SquareD, wow what an improvement.

much tighter bass, wider deeper sound stage, and that last bit of glare is now gone.

I'm now in the process of upgrading the house wiring. Anyone know some good OFC Audiophile Romex?