Shunyata Power Conditioner advice

I have noticed that a number of well respected reviewers have Shunyata Power Conditioners in their reference systems. The reviews are quite glowing. In some cases the reviewers list two seperate conditioners within their systems; I assume one for amplification and one for source components. In Robert Harley's case, for example, he lists both the Hydra V-Ray v2 and the Hydra 8 v2. My question is this, "would you use the higher quality V-Ray for source or amplification?" My assumption is that you would use it for source?
tmhouse0313

Hello Tarjin, please feel free to e-mail us with questions. I don't look in here often enough due to work and travel to be consistent in reply.

The primary cause of hum related to the use of dedicated lines is a difference in potential to ground caused by running differing lengths of wire from panel to outlet. If your furthest outlet requires a 25 foot run of wire from the panel, you need to use this length for any additional dedicated lines even if they are much closer to your AC panel. Make sure the gauge and breaker are rated the same and if possible on the same electrical phase. This will minimize the likelihood of ground-loop related hum.

Best regards,

Grant
Shunyata Research
I recently got (2) Shunyata Hydra 4. It is my understanding that each set of ports are isolated from each other. I have the following items connected. To the first unit, first set of ports are the PSU's from two HDD and the second set have the Dish Network satellite box and my HDTV. On the second Hydra one set of ports are connected to my Mac Mini and my DAC. The second set of ports are connected to my amp and my REL sub.

Does this connection scheme seem reasonable or would you connect with another combination and why?
Mwheelerk,
I have a Hydra 4, FWIW. To answer your question(s), as I understand it from users of more than one Shunyata conditioner the idea is to separate the analog from the digital equipment. Your set up sounds close but still mixes amp./sub. (assumed analog) with digital Mac/DAC.
Ultimately, you may not actually hear a difference, but this is the theory. Other factors that will influence your outcome are the type (and brand) of power cords you use. From my experience upgrading power cords on the Hydra 4 has always been noticable. For your future info, the folks at Shunyata (Customer Service) are very approachable with concerns such as yours. Likely it is not the first such question on best usage of this type.