This is no joke.

My wife just celebrated her 50th birthday.

I placed two weighted table ornaments with colorful plumes cascading above them on top of my Triangle monitors.

Now, listening to them today for the first time since, they seem to sound better. More transparent and deeper fuller bass.

Very weird. Either somethings going on or I'm losing it.

We'll see.

These ornaments only cost a few bucks. Nice tweak! Very festive looking too!
128x128mapman
@Springnr: If I remember correctly, you prefer pie. As long as there are baked goods, the world is a better place.

Hemp does make for a great driver. The Omegas Hemps are one of my favorite speakers.

;)
It just dawned on me that if these things are really doing something, that yes I could make a fortune. That's tempting. I could use the money!

Unfortunately, I am too cut from the straight mold to even consider selling voodoo.

Maybe I should corner the market on these things now though just in case?
What I like about your finding is that you weren't expecting a change or even looking for one.

On the quarters, it's 2 quarters and one dime on each speaker (= $1.20). I think it was Sam Tellig that propagated this.

Curious, what happens when you remove just one of the ornaments?
"What I like about your finding is that you weren't expecting a change or even looking for one."

That is true.

Very creepy though which is why I posted. Hopefully this is as close to the Twilight zone as I get.

No Rod Serling standing in the corner yet.......

I've always liked these Triangle but they had gotten relatively low listening time until recently. Maybe I'm just re-discovering them again. They are are a relatively recent addition to that room. I had my Dynaudio's in there prior but they were overkill for that room.
I've heard that nailing a pair of cats to the top of the speakers works quite well, but use the small finishing nails rather than 3.5" spiral ardox (don't ask, but it gets messy). Persian or Himalayans work best due to the extra damping. They do augment the sound in an 'active' sense for the first few days but after that it's pure damping but should also be cryo-treated for a lasting effect.