Best caps for updating my VTL 225 mono's ?

My VTL's have the original VTL input caps; they sound nice, but they are almost 20yrs old. A friend suggested replacing the input caps as the best way to improve their sound. VTL offers the MIT cap upgrade; my friend suggests Sonicaps Platinum. The job will require 16 X 0.47 mF 400V caps, and the Sonicaps Platinum will be too expensive. I appreciate any suggestions...Dynamicaps, MIT RSX, Sonicaps GEN I/II, Mundorf? I favor a smooth, rich, "organic", sound over a harsh, clinical sound. Also, how about suggestions for sourcing the replacement caps? Thanks so much!
lstnup
http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

From our FWIW department.
Caps? You want caps? How about some major listening tests?
Go with the VTL advice, or keep the old capacitors for replacing them again.
Rrog post is wise - putting the wrong (otherwise excellent) capacitor can ruin the sound of your amplifier.
The evaluations at HumbleHomeMadeHiFi are from speaker evaluations, not line level electronics. Check the cap thread in the lab section of Audiocircle instead.
Right you are, face.
I should have noted that and made the point that differences DO exist and they are not trivial.
I'm looking at the Clarity SA for my crossovers....with a .01 bypass on the HF side.
Coupling:
Smooth + organic: V-Cap Teflons (yes they are that good
and if you want a glimpse of that sound on a tight budget try Russian FT3s, which has a similar signature but not quite @ VCaps level)
Rich: Russion PIO
Organic: Jensen Copper oil
open but light-bass: Mundorf silver oil

High Voltage:
VALAB 47uF 500V and parallel them to get about half the value
you got in the ELNAs in the input and driver stage.

Power supply for output tubes...
size consideration and fitting means u need to use the
same old large cans, Nichicons and Panasonic need not apply.