can mundorf supreme caps be used for AC filtering

Hi I have some mundorf supreme caps rated at [.047] 600v , can these be safely used in AC filtering without fire risk ? I know that shunyata and audience use cap filtering in there line conditioning products. between negative and positive, not ground. thanks, Chris
chrissain
thanks gbart, I know that the mundorfs are ac rated . what value auricaps did you use? how many ? thanks, chris
Chrissain, you know that "AC rated" has nothing to do with the capacitor manufacturer's AC voltage rating right ? I just want to be sure we are on the same page. When we talk about "AC rating" for noise suppression use across AC hot and neutral, we are referring to the cap being X2 rated, i.e., the dielectric must be self healing or fail open so as not to pose a fire or electrocution hazard. Can you point to a source of information where it says Mundorf caps are X2 rated ? Regarding the Auricaps, I use 0.47uf ansd 1uf 600V, one across each duplex outlet/transformer secondary, and across the AC input of my DIY balanced power conditioner.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/191557/B2_09.jpg

thanks for the concern gbart, I have corresponded with a mundorf rep once about output coupling caps in my tube amps and he told me that the mundorf supreme caps are self healing, I will contact him again to make sure that the can be used for ac before trying them, thanks for the heads up. I am very aware of the dangers of using the wrong cap in this application . thanks again, chris
pls post your correspondence chrissain, i'm looking at using the same caps in an AC filtering application myself.