ARC XLR pin s question

I have an ARC CD 3 Mk2 and was wondering what pins in a Balanced IC conform to which? I've been considering ordering a new Balanced set and would like to make sure the wiring would be proper matching as I'm using a Classe integreated amp with it. Classe's pins are wired as follows;
Pin 1- Ground
Pin 2- Positive (non inverted)
Pin 3- Negitive (inverted)
I wouldn't want to order new cables and have them wired mismatched or out of phase. ARC is closed I was wondering if anyone could help with this.
Are all Balanced inputs/outputs for all manufactures wired to the same wiring placement standards?
Thanks for helping in advance.
rsjm80
On the digital side, I have an ARC CDT-1 transport that has all (4) digital outputs: coax (via BNC), toslink, ATT/ST glass fiber and AES/EBU. I have found that no matter what DAC I have connected that the AES/EBU sounds the best. I have also read that 1.5 meter length AES/EBU cable is optimum. I do not know if absolute phase and/or relative phase matters in the "digital domain", since the data bitstream is just zeros and ones?

On the analog side, unless the piece of gear if "fully balanced" from input to output, there should be little to no sonic difference between balanced and single ended. I really do like the XLR connectors better because they snap and lock in. Balanced makes a BIG difference on LONG cables runs because of it's ability to reduce and reject outside RF and EMI.
The several ARC products I've owned all have pin 2 non-inverted, pin 3 inverted convention-- which is typical of manufacturers in this hemisphere. I believe Accuphase and some Sony reverse this convention. In any case, you can always reverse phase at your speaker binding posts.
You haven't heard the CD-3mkII at its best until you run it with balanced cables. In fact, ARC recommends that you run the CD-3 in balanced mode. In my setup the difference was like night and day.
Dgarretson & Eee3, Thanks very much for your helpful information, it looks like the pin placements are industry standard. Eee3 Thank you, that's what I've been trying to find out and that which was suggested by ARC as well! OK looks like when I get get some blood from the stone it's gonna be following the Blanaced route to the yellow brick road.