Running dedicated AC mains .... need advice ....

I'm running two new 30ft dedicated lines of 12 ga Romex, and one 15ft line. The two longer lines will be one for digital sources and one for analogue sources, with the shorter line going to my subwoofer. I'm NOT going to standard AC wall recepticles, but am going to just bring the Romex straight in to the two PS Audio power conditioners using standard IEC connectors. I'm also taking the Romex straight to the sub itself ... bypassing the need for wall recepticles and AC power cables. The system is NOT moving from where it is at, so I see no need to add extra breaks in the lines at the walls.
Here then is my question : Should I use 3 copper ground rods driven in to the ground ? One for EACH Romex line ? This would keep the grounds separated and as short as possible.
Or should I use the Romex's own grounds back to the electrical panel, and ground at ONE place below the AC panel ? This would be MUCH longer ground runs, and seems that it would make for an inferior grounding scheme ?
Obviously, I need good advice.
Thanks
timtim
Can't comment on the technical issues, but I would check w the local building inspector about hard-wiring the items w/o wall receptacles. It probably does not meet code and could be an issue w your insurance co. if (god forbid) you ever have a fire. YMMV.
I don`t know about all the tech talk above but, a company called "Tributaries" known for cables, IC`s etc. also makes "Audiophile" grade house wireing, Romax, better than the stuff at Big Box Lumber etc. I had a 20' run installed as a seperate line feeding my monoblocks.
and it looks purdy too, bright orange so your friends know....!
timtim
A word of caution.
What you are doing may not be legal. You must bond all grounds. Even in isolated outlets you still bond the all ground wires, thats why there are 4 wires for isolated outlets and not 3 wires like standard house wiring. You will not be able to that the way you are doing it. You could have issues with the insurance company if your house gets set on fire from those electriacal feeds. You may be able to cut the end off a cord and terminate it in the wall. Electical romex feeds are not meant to go diractly to any source equipment.
Check local electrical codes, because what you can do in one city or state does not mean you can't do it in another.
I agree with all of the excellent cautionary statements that have been made. I want to clarify that the suggestions in my previous post (the third post in this thread) did not mean to suggest anything contrary to these cautions.

I assume that there is and will continue to be a bond between ac neutral, safety ground, and earth ground at the main entrance of power into the house, near the breaker panel. For all existing runs, and for the new ones that may be added. The earth ground is essential for lightning protection, and the bonding of ac neutral and safety ground at that physical location is essential for effective circuit breaker operation, as the paper Jea48 linked to makes clear. And, yes, it seems likely that not having outlet receptacles may be a code violation.

But to restate the point I was trying to make: The downside of having dedicated runs to different parts of the system is increased voltage differential between the chassis of the different components, particularly at high frequencies, which can result in noise currents flowing through the same cable shields as signal return currents, thereby effectively summing the noise into the signal (the very thing that having multiple ac runs is intended to improve).

Connecting the grounds of the different runs together, near the system, will minimize those voltage differences. Jea may very well be correct that tying that local system ground to an earth rod will not accomplish anything, but I don't envision that it would have any negative effects either (in terms of either safety or performance).

A better approach all around, though, may be to utilize isolation transformers, as described by Zargon in this thread:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1228780109

Regards,
-- Al
The earth shall not be considered as an effective ground-fault current path.
From 2005 NEC 250.4 (A) 5

The earth does not have some magical mystical power that sucks AC noise from our audio systems.

More and more audio equipment manufacturers are building their equipment with double insulated AC power wiring thus eliminating the need for an equipment ground. They are finding the use of an equipment ground causes more problems than the added cost of the double insulated power wiring.

Stray voltage