High speed Internet connection question

sorry to stray from audio

wondering what are advantages/disadvantages to high speed cable internet service.

I do not have AT&T DSL available in my area and do not want to do use Uverse. Verison is not available to me. Direct TV would not work because I have trees in the way.

Someone mentioned wireless internet service (Sprint?) would this be better than cable?

thanks

Phil
128x128philjolet
The speakeasy test results, Comcast cable Michigan ($45 a month):

5.5 mb download
1.5 mb upload

Dave
I use Astound cable service at www.astound.net. I use their 6 Mbps downstream/1 Mbps upstream service and it is excellent. They offer five Astound Internet plans to find the right internet service level for you:

Low Speed $ 19.95 monthly
256 Kbps downstream/128 Kbps upstream

Mid Speed $ 34.95 monthly $ 25.00 monthly
(with Cable TV)
1.5 Mbps downstream/256 Kbps upstream

High Speed $ 44.95 monthly $ 35.00 monthly
(with Cable TV)
6 Mbps downstream/1 Mbps upstream

Power User $ 54.95 monthly $ 45.00 monthly
(with Cable TV)
10 Mbps downstream/1 Mbps upstream

Power User Plus $ 64.95 monthly $ 55.00 monthly (with Cable TV)
10 Mbps downstream/1.5 Mbps upstream

I also use Astound for my TV and phone service. Please see their web site for the details.
does anyone know the best email to use with Charter? Should I just use what they offer or hook up my Outlook Express and use that instead?

thanks
I have no knowledge of Charter's software, but I've been very pleased with Outlook Express over the years, and my instinct is to avoid software provided by ISP's.

Regards,
-- Al
I agree with Al above that you should avoid software provided by ISP's. I use Microsoft Office Outlook and it works okay. I like the contact management feature that is included with Microsoft Office Outlook. My wife uses Microsoft Outlook Express and it also works okay (but the contact list is hard to use). I also have no knowledge of Charter's software.