Dedicated power

After a lot of research and consideration, mostly between power conditioners and dedicated circuitry, I have decided to go with 3 dedicated lines. One for amp one for pre and a 3rd for CD or digital. What I'm thinking is that I can pull the wire myself and then hire a professional electrician to do the breaker work and wall terminations using hospital grade outlets. My question is what wire should I use? I have heard of people using 12-2 or 10-2 but don't have knowledge of wire specific details. Anybody up on this?
markus1299
Heads UP! i have done this and learned a great lesson. Make sure all your wires are same length, exactly! If you run any diffrent, you will get a ground differential and have to externally ground all your equipment from one piece to another. Additionally, if you terminate yourself, you can be sure that nothing is nicked, scratched or etched when removing insulation. Next step, which will be the most life changing experience you could have, go solar. Its amazing the difference in sound when you use photons and voltage inverter, directly into your system...best wishes...you are almost there...
I had my electrician run me a sub panel(8 breakersX15a) for my system.
All eight of my outlets are wired with 10 gauge.Then I had him give me 2X240v for my 20a and 15 Balanced TorusX2.I've
heard 10 gauge was the way to go.I couldn't be happier.
You can get most of the benefit of dedicated lines, especially for lo-current equipment by use of a large isolation transformer.
Mark, I am not following your comment regarding 10AWG wire and a possible code violation. I thought that the NEC specified the minimum gauge for the wiring and that the installation of larger conductors, while overkill from a safety perspective, could do no harm.

As I understand it, undersized conductors can overheat and cause problems to the extent the circuit sees sustained current draw approaching its maximum rated capacity. As a result, using conductors that are smaller than the NEC-specified minumum can pose a hazard and constitutes a violation of the Code. On the other hand, larger conductors (e.g., 10AWG wire in a 20A circuit) will pass with flying colors and never pose a safety hazard in a similar test. What is your perspective on this?
That some outlets may not be rated for larger than 12ga would be the potential issue (connection points not large or secure enough). However, the often recommended Hubbells, PorterPorts and Jena Labs outlets will all handle 10ga wire with no trouble. And I would expect many others will do so as well.