Anybody familiar with Mundorf silver&oil caps

I am planning to use 3.9uF Mundorf silver oils as output coupling caps in my phono stage. ( The stock coupling caps consists of a paired 4.7uF and 3.3uf polypropylenes )

I have a couple of 0.022uF TFTF V-Caps lying around. Would there be any benefit in bypassing the 3.9uF Mundorf with the smaller V-Caps or am I just wasting my time?

Generally I do not like bypassing coupling caps, but the 3.9uF is somewhat big and I am concerned that it is going to be a little slow.

I know I can always try and see what it sounds like, but the V-Caps are unused, so if there would be zero benefit I’d rather leave them in unused state for the possibility of selling or swapping them out later on.

Comments/thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
pauly
Hi folks

The thread is a little old and I do not own that phono stage anymore.

I ended up using Dynamicaps and bypassed them with 0.022uF V-Cap TFTFs. To my ear the bypassing did improve sound and did not smear the representation in any way. If anything, things were more detailed and more focused, but seemed to have a gentler nature. Dynamicaps can sometimes be a little zippy.

Thanks for the responses.

Regards
Paul
To all out there on Bypassing caps these Vishay 1837
bypass caps are very clean and the tolerences are better than your main caps 1% or better .I use the .1uf for all the larger caps over 1.5uf anything smaller than that it would change the cutoff some on the capacitor. "Test of the 1837 capacitor"
http://capacitor-tester.blogspot.com/2009/05/vishay-mkp1837-aka-ero-mkp1830-001uf.html
For signal coupling caps, I find the silver-gold oil to be harmonically more complete than the silver oil. They are both a little bright, compared to a copper wire, and some other caps, but sound superior to almost all audiophile signal caps.
I would try the V-cap bypass on a larger oil filled, but not on another dry type film cap.