The wall behind me.

Hi

In my listning room wich is 420 cm * 380 cm.
I have a sofa on/against the wide side where my listning possition is.

On the opposit wide wall my sonus faber cremonas are placed.

Now the wall behind me is not covered by enything yet so its bare.

I have tried to hang a carpet there with audible improvments.

Now my qustina is when I look for acoustic panels for the wall behind me should I look for abersoberation og difussion panels or a mix of both ?

regards
tda2200
I mounted a pair of 2'x4'x2" compressed fiberglas panels on the wall behind the couch in one of my systems and it made a huge improvement. See page 2 of this link: http://stereophile.com/musicintheround/706mitr/index1.html

Kal
Hi both

Yes my sofa is placed against the wall.

Kr4 you sofa are placed just as mine on the picture from sterophile.

Only the area is bigger in my room.

Newbee what do uou mean by this -I would prefer to deaden the wall- is this orbsobation you mean ?

(sorry for my limited english skills im a Dane)

thanks
I placed DIY (Do it yourself) panels behind me, I have same issue as you and it killed the "slap echo" I was getting from the wall behind me.
I used stryofoam for a mounting area, placed batting material used for stuff pillows and quilts, then wrapped it in a nice Cotton wrap to match the room, looks great.
I have to do things on a budget so this may not be the best but it did help quite a bit.
Tda2200 - Deadening equals absorbsion, much as described by Kr4. There are many materiels you can use to do this and a few have already been suggested. In one home I deadened a wall by putting up foam on the wall and simulated a large glass window covered with drapes to hide it. The only way the wife would approve of audiophile wall materiels. :-)
My experience suggests using a combo of absorption and diffusion. All absorption could makes things too dead and all diffusion could makes things too lively, you will have to experiment. I have used various combinations of echobusters, doublebusters and RPG Skylines.