Shouldn't the Bass be felt? Duh

I am always a little surprised and disappointed when I hear a system that is missing the proper level of bass. What is wrong with these people? Why is a good bass so often overlooked? I grew up in the 60's and went to many good concerts,,, Hendrix twice, Creedence,Airplane etc.
The bass was always strong, and powerful and it didnt screw up your ears. The best past was the physical feeling of that low growl vibrating the rib cage...ahhhhh.
I am in the process of re-establishing my 2 channel system and that is really one of the goals...lots of strong, clean tight bass. To me it really makes the difference in having a satisfying realistic musical experience. I still wonder why a lot of people don't seem to get that?
128x128blueskiespbd
Some music simply has no low bass. When such music is played on a system with great LF extension it may not sound as good as when played on a system with less bass. This is because all recordings have some extreme LF noise, and if there is no LF music to mask it the noise can be annoying. Also, the extraneous LF signal has an adverse effect on speakers that are reproducing the higher frequency music.
1. It is really hard to do good bass without compromising other things... ie changing the toe-in to get good non-lumpy bass and then having imaging and soundstaging suffer.
2. Once I feel like you have good bass, it varies so much from recording to recording that it seems like I am constantly fiddlng with things depending on the recording.. what makes double bass sound defined and good may not make kick-drum sound all that wonderful. Of all things I am constantly messing with, below 60 is is the one, sadly. I think lots of people just give up for the sake of all the information above.
I own Zuaudio's Definition 1.5. I have had many speakers in the past 30 years, but the Definitions are the first speaker that I have owned that do deep, visceral, palpable, air-moving bass and give up very little in the midrange. Very little!! Of course a total of (12) 10 inch woofers helps moves the air a tad. warren :)
It takes a good room to get bass just right. It's not easy. To some people like me, it's not a vital part of the music I listen to. I bought my speakers becuase of the midrange which is more important to me.